Friday 30 March 2007

That Friday Feeling

I don't know why, but I can't get motivated today. I feel like staying at home, in my most tatty, faded yet comfortable jim jams and veg out. Just writing this simple blog is taking every single bit of energy I can muster - and I'm even sitting down! It might be the weather, or it may be the fact that I have been going out after work practically every night this week. Not a good idea when you're getting on a bit like me.


I have quickly realised that I'm no longer in my 20's where partying 7 nights a week was normal. It seems that all those years of partying has taken its toll now that I am in my 30's. I can just about keep awake for last orders in my local pub. Gone are the days when I start the night out by having a few drinks in the pub/bar, then go off dancing the night away in a really cool club. The only club I go to now is my local bingo club - and even then I am pushed to stay past 9pm!


Oh the joys of life. When we're young, we struggle so hard to be grown up. Now that I'm heading towards 'the middle ages', I remember fondly the careless adventures of my youth. That's human nature, I suppose. Always looking for something you don't have.


No comments: