Wednesday 20 December 2006

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly! *NOT*

Right, I’m off for my usual rant. So just bear with me as I get on my soapbox.

Tell me, what is wrong with people these days? Isn’t it supposed to be the season of goodwill to all men? And yet, here we are, only a few days til Christmas, and everyone has a short fuse. Present company included.

I saw two people on the weekend, fighting over a hideously over-priced toy, with their kids in tow. What kind of lesson are they teaching their children? Who wants a stupid remote control dinosaur anyway? There is a reason why they are extinct!

And the queue-jumpers. Don't even get me started with queue jumpers.

I was in Comet the other day and some idiot just jumped in front of the queue pretending not to see me.

I was tired, and hungry. All I wanted was to get a stupid iPod and go home, so as you can imagine, I wasn't exactly in a charitable mood. Unfortunately, the guy picked the wrong day to be a tosser!

So I went up to him, tapped him on the shoulder and said, "I'm not stood here waiting to be abducted by aliens, you know!" He looked at me blankly and I said "Now shift it, mister, before I do sommit nasty." I said this in my most mancypino-Boltoney-Salford Scally accent. And it worked!

He moved away, and went out of the shop, leaving his intended purchases behind.

The cheeky beggar didn't even have the deceny to apologise. Then again, what did I expect from a sodding queue-jumper.

No comments: